Batangas State University Main Portal

By | March 9, 2017

Batangas_State_University logo

Batangas State University Main Portal

Batangas State University Main Portal

Historical Timeline
1903 Manual Training School was established under the supervision of an American principal, Mr. Scheer.

1905 The school was renamed Batangas Trade School, admitting only male students.

1932 A building at its present site was constructed.

1945 After liberation, the school resumed its activities with Mr. Vicente Mendoza as principal.

1948 Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1946 the school was rebuilt and female students were admitted in food trades, garment trades and cosmetology.

1953 Republic Act 746 authored by then Congressman Babao, bestowed upon the school a national status. Its name was changed to Pablo Borbon Memorial Trade School.

1957 The school became the Pablo Borbon Regional School of Arts and Trades and started offering technical courses under the able stewardship of Mr. Arsenio Galauran who served as superintendent from August 1957 to November 1962.

1962 Mr. Vicente Mendoza, who was principal-in-charge acted as the superintendent from November 1962 to June 8, 1963.

1963 Mr. Rosario De Leon succeeded Mr. Galauran. Mr. De Leon immediately initiated innovative plans build-up efficient citizen-workers with the inclusion of opportunity terminal classes in automechanics, machine shop practice, electronics, radio mechanics, cosmetology and dressmaking.

1965 RA 4872 authorized the offering of the Bachelor of Science in Industrial Education program.

1968 The regional school was converted into a state college by virtue of R.A. 5270 known Pablo Borbon Memorial Institute of Technology. It was the 23rd state college of the country at the time of conversion. Mr. Rosauro de Leon was sworn in as its first president.