Cebu Technological University Barili Campus map
The omnibus law 948 on August 2, 1948 created the Sudlon Agricultural School. Its original site was in Bo. Sudlon, Cebu City, 33 km. west from cebu city proper. Mr. Bernabe Olofernes was the first principal serving from 1948-1960.
In 1954, the school site was transferred to Bo. Lahug, cebu city through the initiative of then Gov. Sergio Osmeña Jr. In the same year the school was completely nationalized. At this site, an aggregate area of 653 hectares was assigned to the school. In 1960, about 104 hectares was titled for the school while the rest was reverted back as National Park and Wildlife.
Sudlon Agricultural school in 1972 become one of the eleven agriculture schools placed under the Bureau of Vocational Education – EDPITAF Program. During this period, infrastructures and equipment were upgraded. After that program, tertiary degrees in agricultural were opened to serve Cebu Province. The school was headed by then Mr. Jesus Bonilla.
On June 10, 1983, Batas Pambansa Blg. 412 authored by Dr. Julian Yballe, the school was made a part of Cebu State College of Science and Technology (CSCST) System together with nine (9) other vocational schools in the Province of Cebu. Consequently, the school was formally named Cebu State College of Science and Technology-college of Agriculture. More tertiary curses were added in its curriculum. Mr. Jesus Bonilla became the first School Superintendent.
On June 19, 1996, Gov. Pablo P. Garcia and then CSCST President Mussolini C. Barillo prepared a MOA relocating the school site from Lahug, Cebu City to Barili, Cebu. Seven-two storey buildings and 13 quadroplex quarters were constructed in a 100 ha. Land at Bo. Cagay, Barili, Cebu.
On May 30, 2001, the new campus of CSCST was formally turned over by the Provincial Government under Gov. Pablo P. Garcia to CSCST- System President, Dr. Jose Sal Tan. The College is presently headed by Dr, Hospescio S. Saniel, Who served as College Superintendent 11 on October 1, 1994 to the present and was approved on NOVEMBER 10, 2009.
An act converting the Cebu State College of Science and Technology System in the City of Cebu and all its satellite campuses located in the Province of Cebu into a State University to be known as the Cebu Technological University (CTU)